5 Things: Penguin Love Birds 4 Ever
Make sure you visit Sunnyside Acura's Facebook Page today. Why? Read on.
1. Quick and Easy Way to Help Fire Victims: For each of you who goes to Sunnyside Acura's Facebook page now, and responds to this post: 'Tis the Season to..." Sunnyside Acura will donate $1 for each response, up to $5,000. Go. Go. Go.
2. ... And You Act Like One, Too: Tell your husband he's not the only one having a mid-life crisis: Apes become emotionally distraught over their waning youth, too, according to a new study by Andrew Oswald, a professor of economics at the University of Warwick in England, and his cohorts. They examined data on the well-being of 508 chimpanzees and orangutans from zoos and research centers in the United States, Australia, Canada, Singapore and Japan. You can read up on what they discovered here.
3. Wish On a Shooting Star: My son saw a shooting star on Sunday as we drove north from Connecticut toward the Mass Pike. I said, "Hey, I think that's the Leonids," and sure enough, it was. If you're lucky like my kid, Bill, you'll see one, too. Here's more on Leonids.
4. Love Birds: I love this story, about a pair of penguins that have been faithful to each other for 16 years, according to researchers. Despite spending long periods apart and each of them taking solo trips totalling 200,000 miles, each year they have returned to the same nest, and each other, to produce a new brood of chicks. Ain't love cool?
5. Did You Vote?: One more day to cast your vote for your favorite photo in our Nashua Patch Facebook Cover Photo contest. Winner takes all (which amounts to a $50 AmEx gift card. There are nine entries. Take a looksee.