Let's tee off with five last-minute gift ideas for men.
1. The gift of golf - Let's be honest. The one thing your father enjoys more than sitting on the couch is sitting in a golf cart. Amherst has four public courses, all offering gift certificates for the holidays. So head to Amherst Country Club, Ponemah Green or Buckmeadow Country Club and card a hole in one!
2. Santa and suds - The only thing your dad may appreciate better than drinking a beer is making his own. Head to Jasper's Home Brew and Wine Making supply store in downtown Nashua and select, not only the beer-making kit, but all the malts, grains and recipes that go into making a tasty cerveza. Of course, if pops is too lazy to make his own at home, you could always send him to IncrediBrew in south Nashua, where the concept is the same, the the employees do the actual brewing, and your father picks up the finished product once it's fully filtered and fermented.
3. Don't let Christmas go up in smoke - Purchase a girt certificate or take your dad directly to Blowin' Smoke is Bedford and take advantage of the cigar shop's fully-stocked humidors, impressive bar, knowledgeable staff, friendly atmosphere, cutting-edge ventilation, free Wi-Fi, several flat-screen televisions, comfortable armchairs and fireplace.
4. Spring into action this holiday- Sure, there are still several cold months ahead before baseball players take the field again in April, but you can hit one out of the park by buying dad season tickets to the Nashua Silver Knights. Packages start at $108 for all 27 home games or $162 for padded box seats.
5. A great present is all in the details - Your dad may love his car, but he probably doesn't like the impact long-New England winters take on it. Save the day by purchasing an interior or exterior detail package from Speedway Car Wash and Detailing in Merrimack. Prices range from $30-50 depending on the package.