1. Murder at the Masquerade Coming to NCC March 9: Nashua Community College is hosting a fundraiser, Murder at the Masquerade, on Saturday, March 9th at the Crowne Plaza - Nashua from 6 - 11 p.m. A masquerade dance will follow the murder mystery dinner and a silent auction will be held throughout the evening. All proceeds will benefit the Nashua Community College Scholarship Fund. The theme of the event is 1920s with a Mardi Gras flair. Masks and period attire are encouraged. Tickets are $85.00 per person. Details here.
2. Blood Donations Needed: This week, Feb. 25 to 28, The American Red Cross Donor Center at 425 Reservoir Ave., Manchester, will be open an hour earlier, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.. This is to hopefully make up for all of the cancelled blood donations lost this month due to the several snow storms. The Donor Center will also be open on Friday, March 1, from noon to 5 p.m. To make your appointment call 1-800-REDCROSS or go to redcrossblood.org. Walk ins are always welcome. There will be ski tickets and coupons for Chili’s Bar and Grill through Thursday. On Friday, donors will receive coupons from Subway and subs will be served all day.
3. 'If All Else Fails, Read the Directions': Blog post by Alderman Dan Moriarty went out yesterday morning, but you may have missed it. Topic is Pennichuck Water Corp.
4. Call for Entrepreneurs of the Year: The NH High Tech Council has opened the application process for its annual Entrepreneur of the Year (EOY) award. The celebration will be held May 6, 2013 at the Radisson Hotel/Center of New Hampshire in Manchester and marks the 25th anniversary of the EOY. Details here.
5. Nashua's Team Triumph featured in Friday Night's MMA Fight: For fans of Mixed Martial Arts, Friday night's March Madness presented by Combat Zone at Rockingham Park is a big event. You can get details here.