1. Pam Brown Wins Special Election: An arduous chapter in Nashua politics is over with the election of Democrat Pam Brown for Ward 4 State Rep. Election Results were tabulated quickly following Tuesday's Special Election, which drew 370 voters.
2. State of the City: Mayor Donnalee Lozeau delivered her annual State of the City address Tuesday night, her sixth such address, highlighting the many accomplishments and challenges of 2012. You can read up on it here, including the full text of her remarks. Quote of the night: "Nashua, NH, remains the best place in the world to live, work, run a business and raise a family."
3. Fusion at Unums: It's bleak out there in the depths of winter. Just reminding you that one of the bright spots is this weekly affair at Unums, which combines drink specials and adventurous cuisine with live music. Escape, why don't you...
4. Meteoric Swag: That fireball in the Russian sky has resulted in quick cash for those who have recovered fragments of the meteor and are now selling them online, reports CNet. Sale prices range from about $76 for a pebble-sized rock, to $200 for a quarter-sized remnant. If that meteor had a name, it would be Lucy, as in "Lucy in the Sky, with Diamonds."
5. 10 Years After: On this day in 2003, 100 concert-goers were killed in a fire at The Station nightclub in West Warwick, R.I. after fireworks ignited during a show by the rock band Great White. It was the fourth deadliest fire in American history.