1. Local Program Helps Families Handle Stress – Holidays can add significant stress to the every day struggles of life. Nashua has a program in place that can help: Community Intervention Collaboration is a partnership between The Youth Council, Nashua Children’s Home and the City of Nashua, which provides counseling on a sliding scale. For more information call (603) 889-1090 and ask for the Intake Counselor or go to www.theyouthcouncil.org.
2. Movember-Inspired Gifts: If you or someone you love is a "Mo Bro," that is someone who has taken to growing facial hair for the worthy cause of "Movember," then you might be interested in these timely gifts, including bacon-scented shave cream and a moustachioed bottle opener. If you're so inclined, we'd love you to share your best Movember face photos here. Just upload them, or text them to me at 603-903-4958 and I'll add them.
3. Plan B: The American Academy of Pediatrics has released a statement recommending that over-the-counter birth control, known as Plan B, be made available to adolescents. You can read the full statement here - there's an except below.
"The AAP encourages abstinence plus comprehensive sexuality education as the best way to help prevent unintended pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases. Ensuring access to contraception - including emergency contraception - and educating sexually active adolescents on proper use and indications of the various methods are essential components to comprehensive sexuality education."
4. Celebrate 100 Years with Scontsas: A century of service and bling - that is not the official slogan for Scontsas Jewelers, but it could be. Stop by and wish our friends at Scontas a happy century! There will be trunk shows, music, memorabilia and more. Details here.
5. First Amendment Awards at Capital Center: A night to honor those who preserve and uphold the First Amendment at the Capital Center in Concord. This event, sponsored by the Nackey Loeb School of Communications, also features Pat Buchanan, conservative political advisor, commentator, author and former presidential candidate. Ticket information here.