Tomorrow is officially Martin Luther King Jr. Civil Rights Day here in New Hampshire, a federal holiday. Here's a list of what's open, closed and happening to help you navigate your day and, we hope, commemorate civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr., whose actual birthday is today, Jan. 15. He would have been 83.
- Nashua City Hall
- Nashua Schools
- Nashua Public Library
- U.S. Post Office (no mail delivery
- No citywide trash pick up (Monday’s regularly scheduled routes will be picked up Tuesday; Tuesday’s routes will be picked up Wednesday, etc.)
- City landfill/dump
- NH State Liquor Stores
- Jan. 16: at Alpine Grove
- Jan. 18: Martin Luther King Jr. Prayer Service, Rivier College, Dion Center, 12:30 - 1:30 p.m.
- On Netflix: You can stream "Roads to Memphis: The Assassination of Martin Luther King Jr.: American Experience"
- 2012 Day of Service: The Official MLKday.gov site reminds everyone that contributing a day of service to your community is a great way to honor King's legacy. Click here to find some opportunities in the general area.
Also, please take a moment to watch the embedded video of King's "I've Been to the Mountaintop" speech, delivered April 3, 1968, just hours before his assassination.
If there's something that should be on our liste of what's open/closed/happening for MLK Day, please let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org.