There's a lot going on this weekend, so we are rounding up the highlights in one place, including some indoor activities to keep you dry in light of the rainy forecast. You can check out our complete Events calendar here. Know something we missed? Add it to the calendar or chime in underneath in the comments field.
1. Psychic Fair: June 2, 10 a.m. Radisson Hotel, 11 Tara Boulevard. Third Mind, Body, Heart & Soul Expo, featuring fantastic readers, healers, and holistic vendors on hand.
Dorothy Morgan • Danielle Dionne • Victoria Anne • Doreen D. • Juliet Bell • Sue Syrek • Doreen DiAntonio • Judith Anne • Laura Wooster • Cheryl Kerrigan • Rose Retelle • Kellie Lally • Roberta Gerkin • Sheila Clark • Sarah Bahr • Lynn Lewis • DyJahna Cote-Rogers
Circles of Wisdom • America’s Pets • Universal Biomat • Earth Angel Design • Life Path Energy Healing • Aura Insights • Pyramid Creations • Silver Pouch • Angel Street Publishing
Gerry Marchand’s Crystals & Harp • Magic Mountain • I Am Grateful to You • and Many More.
2. Nashua Family Music Fest: The Nashua Community Music School (NCMS) will hold its first annual "Nashua Family Music Festival" at Greeley Park on Saturday June 2 from 1-6p.m. The event will feature musical performances from students and local artists, delicious food offerings from Weir Roasting, a karate demonstration from students at the Tiger Den Karate School, and an outdoor climbing wall run by Vertical Dreams, Nashua's latest indoor climbing gym.
3. International Flavours: The with music director David Feltner, presents its final concert of the 2011-2012 season, titled International Flavours, on Saturday, June 2, at 8 p.m. in Judd Greg Hall at Nashua Community College, 505 Amherst St., Nashua, NH; and Sunday, June 3, at 7 p.m., at the Milford, NH Town Hall on the Milford Oval. Pianist Laura Scheer Kennedy is the featured artist. She will perform the Chopin Piano Concerto No. 2. The program also includes works by Beethoven, Warlock and Dvorak. Tickets can be purchased at the door, or in advance at in Nashua.
4. Neighborhood Block Party/Clean-up: In recognition of National NeighborWorks Week (June 2nd- June 9th) a in the neighborhood east of downtown is planned. Starting at Casimir Place located at 119 Temple Street participants will split up into groups to take on the neighborhood, picking up litter and debris and help the neighborhood reach its full potential. After the clean-up there will be a block party at Casimir Place. Lunch will be provided. This is a great opportunity to get to know your community!
5. Super Singles Dance: - Talk, Dance & Socialize, Have Fun at Crowne Plaza, 2 Somerset Parkway in Nashua. Free dance lesson June 2, 7:30-8 p.m., singles dance 8pm-midnight. Music by Top DJ, complimentary light fare, special dance performance, door prizes. Best for singles approx. 35-65 y.o. from all types of professions & backgrounds for socializing, dancing and general entertainment. Proper business/casual attire required (No jeans, sneakers or hats - sport jackets are suggested for men).
6. Nashua Farmers Market Launch: Should be a great weekend for this reinvigorated effort to promote local farms at the weekly Nashua Farmers Market. Launch is June 3 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Main Street bridge.
7. Sixth Annual Ride2Read and Walk: Rain or shine this is a great day for serious cyclists, casual cyclists, walkers, friends and families. Proceeds from the event supports the Adult Learning Center's programs: Office Technology, Child Care, Before and After School Age Care, ESOL programs, GED testing and Clearway High School for at risk teenagers. Sunday, June 3, 2012, 4 Lake Street, Nashua, www.adultlearningcenter.org 603-882-9080 x211.
8. Young Eagles Rally: Infinity Aviation will provide free airplane rides for kids ages 8-17 on Sunday from 10 a.m to 3 p.m. This event was previously scheduled for Saturday but has moved to the Sunday rain date. Each kid who wants one gets a free ride in the flight simulator from Nashua Flight Simulator. Food served by The Midfield Cafe. Many airplanes on display. Come out for a great day at the airport at Infinity Aviation, 117 Perimeter Road, Nashua. Parent or guardian must attend.
9. Mother/Daughter Tea: Sunday, June 3, 1- 4 p.m. St. Joseph Hospital, 172 Kinsley St. Geared for girls 10-13 years old, this event provides an opportunity and tools for improved communication between mothers and daughters about the cycles of life that transform a girl into a woman. Fee: $35 per family Part of the Summer Classes series. Register for all classes online at www.stjosephhospital.com or call Community Health Education at (603) 595.3168.