.

Before You Vote Today...Understand This

The share of debt our children own has risen by 53% under the Obama Administration. If you have children or care about the future of the United States, I suggest you read this before you vote today.

We all know that the Federal Government’s debt is high, and climbing.  We also know that each child in America owns some ungodly share of it, from the moment they are born.

Well, this CNS News article puts it into scary perspective, which we often need to see; and if you are on the fence about whom to vote for today (be it President, Governor, State Legislature), let me tell you that it should NOT be anyone who does not promise to keep government small and, as a result, borrowing and taxes low.

I’ll save you some trouble, and point out the three things that jumped out at me at this early morning, as I prepare to head to my local polling station and hold signs for the best candidates on my ballot (Ovide Lamontagne, Gary Daniels, and Dave Wheeler):

  • “If Americans under the age of 18 were required as a group to pay off the entirety of the federal government’s debt in equal shares, each would now need to pay about $218,676.” (I have three and I shared this with them)


  • “During the time Barack Obama has been president, the U.S. government debt has increased from approximately $143,255 per American under 18 to approximately $218,676 per American under 18–a climb of $75,421 or about53 percent.”  (53 percent?  Are you kidding me?)


  • “Neither borrowing all the money needed to pay for a four-year private-college education nor borrowing all the money needed to buy a median-priced home would put as much debt on the shoulders of young Americans as the federal government already has.”

 

The last point absolutely blew me way.  What chance do our kids have with these conditions wrapped around their lives?

How can Obama supporters (especially those with children) sleep at night?

Read this article at your leisure, but please read it BEFORE you vote today.

You are planning to vote, aren’t you?

This post is contributed by a community member. The views expressed in this blog are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Patch Media Corporation. Everyone is welcome to submit a post to Patch. If you'd like to post a blog, go here to get started.

Super Fun Size November 06, 2012 at 07:11 PM
Of course "Obama" didn't create any of this debt. No one expects the burden to pay back the GOP's debt at a flat rate, or even that the burden will only be paid by the citizens but also the businesses.
Tom Lopez November 06, 2012 at 08:09 PM
According to the Census, (http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/00000.html) only 23.7% of the country is under 18. maybe we should plan for the Other 76.3% to contribute towards the deficit instead of creating imaginary scenarios where two thirds of us fail our responsibilities? I think Obama supporters generally don't lose sleep because they haven't already decided to fail that next generation.
Super Fun Size November 06, 2012 at 08:28 PM
Your thinking skills are failing you.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »