Nashua Fire Engine 5 responded to a kitchen fire at a split-level home at 36 Seminole Drive at about 5:30 p.m. on Dec. 10.
Crews arrived to find a working fire which they quickly extinguished.
Two adults and five children, ages 9 months to 11 years old, were safe after their home was damaged due to the fire. The American Red Cross offered immediate financial assistance for food and lodging.
Although there were no working smoke detectors in the house, fire officials credit rapid response and limited damage from smoke and water.
Fire officials said the cause of the fire was determined to be unattended cooking.
For more information about the American Red Cross or the services in your area, please visit www.redcross.org/nh or call the NH office at 1-800-464-6692. Contributions may also be sent to the American Red Cross in New Hampshire at P.O. Box 2528, Concord, NH 03302-2528.